Gumbies

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Change


quilting project, originally uploaded by vibromama.

I remember when I first came to Amakusa, my boss Mamiko told me that "I don't have to change my job because the teachers and students always change. Things are never boring".
We are beginning to feel this as well since we have now been here off and on for 7 years. People come and go, things are always changing.
Today marks another big change at our school. Grant, a fellow Canadian left on a plane today with his wife Kate. Of course change is important and inevitable, still I can't help but feel a little sad. We all got along well and the dynamics in the office were good.
As a parting gift I gave them these coasters which I made using scrapes from an old koinobori (Boy's day festival flag).

1 Comments:

  • My name is Yoshiko.
    I'm a teacher of an elementary school.
    I sometimes watch the blog(Comment and a photograph)
    Their's interesting that I love diving and kayaking.

    I'm sorry that I'm not a good writter in English.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Subscribe in a reader
[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]