Gumbies

Friday, February 09, 2007

Seashells


seashells
Originally uploaded by amakusaleanne.
On Thursday we went kayaking in Ushibuka from Mogushi beach south to Kata Island, a round trip of approximately 20kms. Kata Island is a small uninhabited island with wild looking sea cliffs plunging into the sea on the west side. Recently we read in the newspaper that wild boars have been seen swimming from this island to outlying rocks to feed off the bait left behind by people fishing. Unfortunately while we were there we didn't catch a glimpse of any of these adventurous wild boars. However, I did find this eye catching collection of seashells on a small beach on the north side of the island.

1 Comments:

  • Hi
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I really love your pictures and admire your kayakaing (and climbing).

    My biggest regret about Japan is that I didn't start kayaking earlier (instead I spent an abortive year and 20man getting a boat licence so I could be on the sea). There is so much that I would like to do here in a kayak - trips like your okinawa one and even your backyard - you guys are so lucky with the warm water down there!

    Best wishes
    Kieran

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Subscribe in a reader
[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]