Gumbies

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Magic


sunrise, originally uploaded by amakusavibe.

Magic sparkles coat my paddle and kayak, under the starlit sky I feel like a sorceress. I am at the mercy of the waves. I feel so small, like a piece of driftwood, being thrown one way and then the other by the waves and the current. The sky is full of stars, and I am so small on the water. I am overwhelmed with awe.

The day had been beautiful and the night was even finer. We traveled up the southwestern coast by starlight. As we paddled for hours in the serene landscape so many thoughts raced through my head. My friend's lives, politics, religion, my students, Japanese dancing, and the books I have been reading. It's amazing where your mind wanders to when you are paddling endlessly through the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Subscribe in a reader
[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]